WESTLAKE, OHIO – March 21, 2023 – Today, GEON Performance Solutions released its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, which outlines the company’s actions to reduce its environmental impact, create an engaged and skilled workforce, innovate more sustainable products for its customers, and contribute to the communities where it does business.
The report also highlights the progress that GEON continues to make on its sustainability goals and commitments as the company evolves and grows.
“Our continued investment in our ESG commitments is critical to our business strategy,” said GEON Chief Executive Officer Tracy Garrison. “Within our new report, we share the progress we are making to support our people, customers, communities and the planet. We also demonstrate how we are taking concrete steps to advance and achieve our sustainability goals as we also continue to pursue value-creating business growth opportunities.”
Among the many ESG initiatives covered in the report, key highlights from the past year include:
• Scaling a culture of continuous learning and an engaged workforce though GEON’s comprehensive talent ecosystem. In 2022, the company launched the GEON Academy high school manufacturing internship program and introduced a manufacturing skills matrix, based on the needs of the business and strategic input from community stakeholders.
• Investing in technologies that help our customers be more efficient and sustainable. GEON successfully commercialized a product that enabled a customer to close the loop on its production processes and developed a new renewable, natural fiber-based and lightweight material for car interiors.
• Continued focus on increasing energy efficiency across GEON’s operations. In 2022, GEON allocated $1.2 million to energy-reduction projects after completing energy audits at each of its sites.
• Increased diversity, equity and inclusion efforts across its workforce, including an executive leadership team that is 30% female or ethnically diverse, up from a baseline of 21% in 2020.
• Engaging 100% of sites in employee-led community volunteer projects.
• Completing an independent Responsible Care® Management System audit that ensures GEON is tracking and transparently reporting company performance on environment, health, safety and security metrics.
This is the second annual release of GEON’s ESG Report. The 2022 ESG Report was prepared in accordance with GRI Standards.
Learn more about GEON’s approach to sustainability here.
About GEON Performance Solutions
GEON Performance Solutions is a global leader in the formulation, development and manufacture of performance polymer solutions. With a portfolio of highly adaptable vinyl and polyolefin polymer technologies as well as a full-service manufacturing business, GEON combines three powerful traditions into a single, customer-focused business. GEON Performance Solutions is a leading innovator in the development of performance material solutions for a broad range of markets including appliances, building & construction, electronics, healthcare, transportation, wire & cable and more. GEON Performance Solutions has 1,100 global associates and 12 world class manufacturing plants with headquarters in a western suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. Please visit us at www.geon.com to learn more. GEON Performance Solutions is a portfolio company of SK Capital Partners.
For more information, contact Patrice Ayling at email@example.com or call +1 (440) 829-2143.